Sunday, December 26, 2010

Find a trail with “Yelp” of outdoors

Are you an outdoors type? I like going for hikes with my family and, even around my house in Half Moon Bay, there are dozens of trails that I haven’t yet tried. How do you find them? Well, AllTrails, a new startup, has an answer.

I sat down with the founder, Russell Cook, and he gave me a demo of this iPhone-only app (more platforms coming soon). It lets you rate trails and campsites and share your favorites with your friends.

There are some other choices, too, like Goby or Everytrail, but I’m liking the approach of AllTrails, what do you think? The service has some 27,000 registered users so far who have logged over 94,000 miles with the mobile app in limited testing.

By the way, this is one of the companies that recently launched at the AngelPad accelerator in San Francisco. Techcrunch covered their demo day, but I have videos of each of the companies that I’ll be running this week.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment