Saturday, January 8, 2011

Emma Stone NOT Moving Into ’21 Jump Street’

Emma Stone not starring in 21 Jump Street

For a couple of months now, Superbad and Easy A actress Emma Stone has been rumored to play one of the main roles in the upcoming new movie version of the ’80s TV series, 21 Jump Street. As it turns out however, things haven’t worked out that way as word comes from Stone herself that she will NOT be starring.

Stone revealed the news in an interview with MTV, confirming that she won’t be joining the cast of 21 Jump Street alongside Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum, the latter of which who was recently revealed as Sony’s top contender to play one of the leads opposite Hill. Stone told MTV that, “I don’t think I’m going to be part of that [movie],” but that Hill is still, “one of my favorite people in the entire world.”

The reason Stone is out of the 21 Jump Street movie is likely because of her being cast as Gwen Stacy in the Spider-Man reboot. She was rumored for Jump Street back in September but I imagine Spider-Man snapping her up in October put a spanner in the works so to speak. MTV asked Stone directly if she’d still be able to star in Jump Street despite her being committed to Spider-Man but she jokingly replied, “I think Channing Tatum swept in.”

Emma Stone cast as Gwen Stacy in Spider-Man reboot

Speaking of Spider-Man, Stone told MTV yesterday that they start shooting the reboot in a couple of weeks, which means everything is right on schedule:

“Today I went and did hair tests, because I have blonde hair now since Gwen has blonde hair. My natural hair is blonde, so it’s kind of nice. I looked in the mirror and said, “Oh my god, it’s me again, it’s been so long!” We’re finalizing the visual stuff. And I think we’ll start actually rehearsing, because we start shooting in two weeks. Andrew and I went and learned about science yesterday. Gwen really likes science, so we learned about science. I was home-schooled, so I never went to chemistry class in a traditional setting like Gwen is into. That was really beneficial.”

I would have to liked to have seen Stone star in the Jump Street, if nothing else to see her reunited with Hill, whom she starred with in the 2007 hit comedy Superbad. Although I wasn’t a big fan of that movie, I did like the chemistry she had with Hill and I think her savvy and charming presence would work well with the type of movie Hill and writer Michael Bacall are apparently aiming for with this reboot. Hill has previously described his vision for the reboot as an, “R-rated, insane, Bad Boys-meets-John-Hughes-type movie.” Fans of the original ’80s series will know that description is changing things up quite a bit.

Emma Stone might join Jonah Hill on 21 Jump Street

With Stone out of 21 Jump Street I guess that leaves a key female role vacant – who do you want to see starring alongside Hill and Tatum in the reboot?

21 Jump Street is aiming to start shooting next March, with a release date slated for March 16, 2012.

Source: MTV


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment